Well, the day has arrived. I have no idea what to expect and I am more than a little nervous. Well, I have a small idea as I spent a lot of Monday mornings with Aimee in the infusion room. Of course she always smiled and acted like it was no big deal. She handled everything with grace and calm. I on the other hand am a bit afraid and unsure about how all of this is going to work out. Every person is so very different and our bodies handle things so very differently. My very brave and spunky and positive friend Connie just went through chemo and spent the first two days puking her guts out. Of course she did it with a smile on her face and a song in her heart and kept posting all these photos on facebook of herself smiling and being brave in between trips to the bathroom.

I on the other hand cried most of the day yesterday and once again begged Mr. Wonderful to let me just skip this. I keep telling him that we can pack the kids and the dog up in the car and just run away. Then everything will be fine. He, for some reason does not see this plan of mine as a viable option. I tried it on the morning of my mastectomy as well … it didn’t work then either.

The Dr. did however give me some steroids to take on the day before chemo the day of and the day after. And once those puppies kicked in I dried my tears and I was ready to roll!

1st day of chemo, selfie.

1st day of chemo, selfie.

So I hopped in the car, took a selfie, shared it with all my people and headed to Eugene. It’s  tax season and it’s March. We own an investment firm, we also plan and prepare tax returns  (I say we, very loosely… you don’t actually want me to prepare your taxes.) So Mr. Wonderful  is out and my childhood best friend, Heidi is meeting me in Eugene and we are going to hang  out for five hours and catch up on our lives and pray that I don’t puke.


Half Way Done!

No puke! I actually feel pretty good (thank the good Lord in  Heaven for steroids!!) The only hard part was the A part of the  TAC chemo … it’s red. It can cause heart failure. They have to  inject it manually instead of through the IV because it is so toxic  that it has to be done in just the right way. I also noted that the  nurse was wearing what looked like to me as a hazmat suit. I  asked her why and she very sweetly responded that she had to  wear it because if the red stuff that she is injecting into my body  were to touch her skin, it would burn like acid. I have had a few  nightmares since that moment.

Heidi N Me

I do not know where I would be without Heidi…


All done! I really did well for several days after that. I had a few brutal days but I am good again and gearing up for round two.

Let's Hang Out! Sign up here to get all updates sent directly to your inbox.

Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.